Staff Development and JFE

Chag Purim Shemeach!

My name is Carri and I not only a newbie to Shevet, but also to family education.  This is my second year at the job and I basically fell into it.  I have lots of questions.  First off, I would like to ask for training advice.  Books to read, classes to take, conferences to attend, people to talk to, anything to better understand what family education is and how to do it more successfully.

In addition, I am taking a class on supervision where I have to plan a staff development class and I would like it to be about family education.  I am not even sure what that would look like.  What would I teach the teachers?  What family education is?  How to plan programs?  How to get parents more involved in the every day workings of the school?  How to empower parents to be educators for their children?  I guess this question sort of goes back to my first one.

Any advice out there would be greatly appreciated!

Carri

carri0102@gmail.com

Replies to this Topic

Carri,

Welcome to Shevet. It is nice to have you here. The best book on family education training is by Vicky Kelman Jewish Family Education
Casebook A Casebook for the Twenty-first Century

The book will allow you to work in groups and do something experiential for your teacher training. It came out of some family Education training that she was doing. If you have any questions, please get back to me, on the list or at Joel@Torahaura.com.

Again. Welcome.

Gris

You must be logged in and a member of this Groupsite in order to post a reply to this topic.
To post a reply, contact your group manager(s) Join this Groupsite

SHEVET: Jewish Family Education Exchange